Saturday 6 July 2013

When you are on a winning team

I feel like I have spent a lifetime, playing away games on a losing team.
Today I realised, I still play a lot of away games, but now I am on a winning team.

The highlights included lunch with the Mr's Mumma and Pappa at Henry's Bakery in Lismore,
buying new boots that have glitter on them, laying topless in the glorious winter sunshine, afternoon lounging in bed and a ton of laughter.

But it was tonight that I realised that I was on the winning team.
Mr and I had our A-game on and in a coordinated effort we created one of the most delicious meals
I have ever experienced.

We commenced with an entrée of Tiger bread bruschetta, fresh tomato's from the Mr's Mumma's garden.
Followed by Spaghetti Bolognese with fresh grated cheese.
And finally pecan pie, made completely from scratch.
We nervously but enthusiastically started with out making pastry, together we learnt about pastry consistency dough,  the need to rest pastry and blind baking.
There were some missteps, like me putting the butter in the filling mix and forgetting to melt it, which led to me picking the butter back out so we could melt it.
but the end product was delicious, and hell that is what it is all about.

It was a glorious kitchen adventure and I look forward to so many more.







No comments:

Post a Comment